Friday, September 18, 2009

Bad mommy!

I suppose I shouldn't feel guilty for not cooking dinner for ONE night, but I do.  I feel like a bad mommy for not providing a nutritious, lovingly prepared meal last night.  Usually, even if I'm not hungry, I know the kids will be, so I prepare whatever it was I had planned and sit and eat anyway (yeah, that there's probably the reason for my weight gain over the last year...).  Last night though, I just couldn't get into it.  I was supposed to make turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans with almonds and lemon and some crescent rolls (out of the tube...eeew, but the kids love them and they were on sale...they're a real treat around here...).  Instead, I combined leftovers from two different dinners:  penne with chicken and peas in a garlic cream sauce and pork kebabs.  I cut the kabob meat into smaller pieces, added it to the pasta with chicken, sprinkled with some bacon salt (which I just got the other day...it's new to me and I had to try it...it has a really funny sort-of bacony, sort-of bbq'd flavor with a hint of dried peppers of the sort you'd find in powdered soup mix...not altogether good, but not bad, either), and nuked it.  My daughter and husband were the only ones hungry, and they said the pasta was good.  My son ate a gogurt and I skipped dinner, but ate a bowl of oatmeal around 9.  Tonight will be have to be meatloaf night!

No comments:

Post a Comment